How to enrol

• The school is open to everyone from 18 years old regardless of nationality..

• The number of students per year is limited. Once classes are full, a waiting list is established.

• Students may join the school and enrol before the start of each quarter, depending on available

spots. The largest number of spots are available at the start of the school year in September/October.

Those whose applications are received after the deadline will be placed on the waiting list.

If no spot is available for that quarter, the application will automatically be rolled back to the next


• Classes are taught in English. Students must therefore have basic skills in English.


Enrolment procedure for the Bachel'Art and Class'Art diplomas


> STEP 1


• Fill out the registration form by following this link.


• The student will have to provide by mail several documents:

- a CV, including academic and professional experience.

- a copy of your passport.

- photos of three works from your portfolio (combined maximum file size of 5MB).

- a brief essay (300 words or less; in English or in French) describing your goals in studying

at the Paris Academy of Art.

Incomplete applications will not be accepted.

These documents should be sent by email to:


• If possible, the future student will be invited to come to the school for an interview and a visit to the school.


> STEP 2


• Payment of registration fees of 300 euros.


The tuition fees for the first term (€ 4,000) must be paid 3 weeks before the start of the course.


Conditions for cancellation

In the event that a required student visa is rejected three times, the whole initial payment may be refunded upon presentation of justifying documents and confirmation that the visa procedure was followed correctly.

The registration fee (€300) is not refunded.

The school will refund the initial payment in the event of cancellation due to serious physical injury, accident or natural disaster, upon presentation of justifying documents.

The registration fee is not refunded.


From the first day of the school year, no tuition fees shall be refunded. A total or partial refund will

only be granted in the event of serious physical incapacity (injury, illness, death), excluding the administrative fee, which will not be refunded. No refund shall be granted for psychological reasons.

In the event that a student has a history of psychological problems, the student or his/her family

must inform the administration of the academy by letter before any final enrolment or application;

the school shall decide whether or not to accept the applicant. No psychological treatment

or treatment for mental illness shall later be grounds for the student or his/her family to cancel

tuition fees.

In all cases, the final decision shall be taken by the school.

In the event that a student is expelled for disciplinary reasons, no refund shall be granted.


Fees that have already been paid may not be transferred from one person to another.


Deferred enrolment

Under certain conditions and in agreement with the administration, tuition fees may be deferred

until the following school year: the initial payment is kept and put toward payment of fees

the following year. The student must send a request for deferred enrolment to the school by letter.

In the event of cancellation following deferred enrolment having been granted, no fees already

paid shall be refunded.


Late arrival or early departure

The student is not entitled to partial refund of tuition fees if he/she arrives after the start

of the school year or if he/she stops before the end of the school year.


Cancellation of a class

The school reserves the right to cancel a class or to change its syllabus if the minimum number

of students is not reached.


To avoid any problems, think about what papers you need very early on (ID card, passport, visa, residency permit, etc.) because the administrative procedures can take quite a long time. Required documents will depend on your nationality. Students who are nationals of a European Union country need only their ID card to cross the border  and study in France. Non-Europeans must have a passport (please ensure that it is valid for the entire length of your stay)  and a visa. The visa will allow you to enter the country and request a residency permit.


How to obtain a visa for France?

If you are not a national of a European Union member state, the "traditional" visa (called a "tourist

visa") is all you need if you want to stay in France for less than three months. A "student" visa may

only be obtained once you have enrolled in a school or university.

The price of a student visa will depend on the length of your stay. Visa requests must be made

at the French consulate or embassy in your country. Delivery times may vary, but in general you

should expect it to take a month to receive a "student" visa. You will be requested to provide certain documents: please consult the list of needed documents on the website of the French foreign office.


Please note: Once in France, if you have a traditional visa (the "tourist visa") and you want to obtain

a student visa, you must return to your home country to apply for it.


What is a long stay student visa for France?

Students who wish to study in France must request a visa from the French Consulate in their place of residence.

In countries that have Centres for Studies in France (CEF, Centres pour les Etudes en France) or Campus France (ECF), students who wish to study in France must first apply to these centres, which will evaluate the pedagogical value of the students’ study programme, their level of French and their diplomas. The CEF or ECF opinion is then sent on to the diplomatic or consular services that they report to. Students must also have already enrolled in the school in question so that they can provide an enrolment certificate, which is necessary for their file. Students must provide proof of financial resources and meet the required criteria for their proposed course of study, as well as those concerning their academic and personal background, linguistic competencies (taking into account bilateral relations between France and their country of residence) and the interests of both France and the students’ country of origin.


How to obtain a residency permit for France?

Once in France, foreign students who have a long-stay student visa must, in accordance with legislation concerning the stay of foreigners in France, request a student residency permit from a Préfecture de Police within two months of their arrival.


How to renew a student visa?

If you are a student at the Academy and you want to extend your student visa, visit the school

secretariat, who will provide you with a certificate of enrolment and a certificate of attendance

(certifying that you have indeed taken classes at the Academy); these must then be taken to

the Préfecture de Police to have your visa renewed.


Useful information



€ 12.000


€ 12.000




Start of 2018 school year: 1 October 2017.


Christmas holidays: from the evening of 14 December 2018 to the morning

of 7 January 2019.


Spring holidays: from the evening of 22 March 2019 to the morning of 8 April 2019.


End of classes: the evening of 21 June 2019.


Each student at the Paris Academy of Art receives a personal ID card with their name on it which

grants him or her free access to the Louvre and the Musée d'Orsay, as well as to the Réunion

des Musées Nationaux.


This card also provides students with a 15% discount in all Le Géant des Beaux-Arts stores

in France.







Le Géant des Beaux-Arts Paris 13

15, rue Vergniaud

75013 Paris

01 40 78 00 80


Le Géant des Beaux Arts Paris 11

166, rue de la Roquette

75011 Paris

01 46 59 43 00




For additional information

see the Paris Academy of Art




Keep in touch with

the Paris Academy of Art

on social networks

Copyright © 2017 Paris Academy of Art

Paris Academy of Art - 78, rue Raspail - 92270 Bois-Colombes - Phone:  33 (0)1 56 83 41 64